mandag 16. juni 2014

It's Monday - What are you reading?

2a


A little while ago I decided to start reading books from the "1001 books you must read before you die"-list. I want to read books I normally wouldn't think about picking up, and this book is my first from the famous list. 

Never Let Me Go Film Tie-In

Kathy, Ruth and Tommy were pupils at Hailsham - an idyllic establishment situated deep in the English countryside. The children there were tenderly sheltered from the outside world, brought up to believe they were special, and that their personal welfare was crucial. But for what reason were they really there? It is only years later that Kathy, now aged 31, finally allows herself to yield to the pull of memory.


I started reading it yesterday, and I think this could be a very interesting and positive reading experience. Have you read it?


5 kommentarer:

  1. I"ve read Never Let Me Go. I didn't know how I felt about it at the time, but I find myself thinking about it at odd moments. Enjoy!

    SvarSlett
  2. I haven't read it but I want to and reading from that list is on my bucket list too. Glad you're enjoying it so far. Have a great week :)

    SvarSlett
  3. I'm working on the 1001 Children's Books list. I love looking over the grownup list...inspiring, I think.

    Here's my It's Monday!

    SvarSlett
  4. Both of these are new to me. I am not a fan of classics or great literature. I doubt I've read any from the 1001 list and probably never will. Give me good genre fiction any day. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    SvarSlett
  5. My friend told me to read this last year, and it was so good and weird and crazy. I will have to check back to see what you thought of it! :)

    SvarSlett